5 Mistakes Data Vendors Commonly Make
Avoid these common traps and keep your clients happy.
- Great Sales, Bad Delivery: The sales team closed the deal and it's time to deliver the actual data. Poorly organized files with no meta data and little documentation are the biggest cause for a frustrating onboarding process
- No Quickstart Instructions: You presented a great story and case study but the client cannot easily verify our claims. They spin their wheels just to recreate what you already did
- Reinvent the Wheel: To deliver data to clients, you need build APIs, ftp servers, S3 buckets etc complete with authentication and security. Vendors typically build their own infrastructure which is not only expensive to build and maintain but also means clients have to build custom pipes
- Not Cloud Ready: Is ftp still the only thing you have to offer? Your clients are moving to the cloud and so should you
- No usage analytics: You sell data so clients can make better decisions yet you have l