- VirtualBox - Virtualization software for running local operating systems within your computer. This allows us have a full version of linux within our computers that better match how a live webserver works.
- Vagrant - A tool for provisioning (creating) virtual machines.
- VVV - A pre-built, community-supported Vagrant configuration for WordPress development.
- Git - Version control system for managing code during development. Easily allows for tracking changes, and merging new code into an existing project.
- SourceTree - A GUI available on Windows and Mac for managing Git projects. This makes Git much easier to use, as we won't have to learn the command line interface.
- Github.com - A website that provides free Git repositories for both open source and private projects.
- SASS - (SCSS) A CSS preprocessing implementation that allows us to write much less CSS for a project. This basically makes CSS into a simple programming language.