Hi, my name is Vince, and I'm a stong advocate of Open Source software. Over the years, I've contributed to the discussions, submitted bug reports, and where possible, submitted bug fixes to various open source projects. Over time, I lost track of where all I had contributed, so I've created this gist to help keep an organized list of what I've done for each of these projects.
Besides other's open source projects that I contribute to, there are also several that I personally manage as well. You can see all of these projects over at: https://github.com/darkain
- FreeBSD Ports
- Galera Cluster
- PHP Documentation
- Arduino Documentation
- ESP8266 for Arduino
- PEL (PHP Exif Library)
- PHPMD (PHP Mess Detector)
- Yubioauth Android
- Public Drown Scanner
- Awesome Windows
- Generic Colorizer
- 2019-04-07 - boot.scr file missing from Raspberry Pi rpi-b images preventing booting
- 2017-10-06 - databases/mariadb102-server: Galera no longer works.
- 2018-08-02 - databases/mariadb103-server port over galera_new_cluster and galera_recovery scripts.
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=231335 & https://reviews.freebsd.org/rP479671#172646
- 2018-09-12 - [PATCH] net/zerotier: add support for ARM targets including Raspberry Pi
- 2018-09-13 - editors/nano: missing from ARM package repository
- 2018-12-11 - net/GeoIP: geoipupdate.sh has wrong file name for city database file
- 2019-01-29 - net/glusterfs: Memory leak in 3.11/3.12
- 2015-07-31 - COLUMN_CHECK fails on valid data. Indepth analysis of MariaDB's dynamic column binary structure.
- 2015-10-20 - 10.1 Fails To Join Existing Galera Cluster.
- 2017-09-26 - wsrep_sst_rsync fails on debian.
- 2017-07-11 - RECURSIVE and NULL returning empty string fields in results.
- NOTE: I personally disagree with the official SQL standard on this particular issue.
- 2017-09-07 - Galera with rsync on FreeBSD broken.
- 2017-09-13 - Fixes Galera rsync sst on FreeBSD.
- 2017-09-24 - "query end" never ends.
- NOTE 1: This is still under investigation a year later. So far, only vague theories, with no answers.
- NOTE 2: This may finally be solved due to two other locking conditions fixed in MariaDB 10.3.11.
- 2017-10-03 - Implement JSON_MERGE_PATCH.
- NOTE: This is what MySQL 5.7 and 8.0 use.
- 2018-07-23 - SYSTEM VERSIONING columns not showing as GENERATED.
- 2018-07-30 - SYSTEM VERSIONING row_start and row_end hidden from SHOW COLUMNS.
- 2018-08-01 - system_versioning_alter_history with galera corruption.
- 2018-08-10 - Strict SQL with system versioned tables causes issues.
- 2019-01-18 - sql_safe_updates prevents initial database creation
- 2019-01-18 - sql_safe_updates does not work with OR clauses
- 2019-04-25 - InnoDB: Failing assertion: !cursor->index->is_committed()
- 2019-12-28 - sql_safe_updates breaks Galera
- 2020-01-13 - Rows_sent: 6148914691236517205
- 2020-01-14 - Galera 4 unable to query cluster state if not primary component
- 03-23-2015 - Fix for ENOSYS error on posix_fallocate.
- NOTE: This patch was required to get Galera cluster running under SmartOS.
- 2016-11-04 - Persistant MySQL connections were not always setting error codes. This bug report and pull request solves this issue.
- 2018-04-24 - Additional notes added to an old 2014 bug.
- 2018-06-18 - Solved the issue with an undocumented API. (see bug #76497 below)
- 2018-02-08 - Modulous result values were not properly being stored into variables.
- 2018-06-13 - Object property permissions are ignored by certain array functions.
- 2018-06-18 - MYSQLI_OPT_READ_TIMEOUT is an undocumented API which solves other issues, such as bug #67913.
- 2018-08-03 - MYSQLI_OPT_READ_TIMEOUT cannot be changed after connection established.
- 2018-08-16 - 'Warning: "continue" targeting switch' uncatchable.
- 2019-01-17 - Wont bind to IPv4 if IPv6 enabled.
- 2008-07-28 - Showing how to calculate camera floating point values from their Exif strings.
- 2013-03-16 - Making note about references that persist in ways that probably shouldnt.
- 2016-04-12 - Making note about (string) to (float) conversion. This turned out to be a bug in PHP and no longer applies.
- 2018-06-13 - Requesting documentation to be updated to reflect 64-bit systems.
- 2018-07-20 - Showing how to use MYSQLI_OPT_READ_TIMEOUT, an undocumented MySQL connection option.
- 07-23-2018 - Tables with SYSTEM VERSIONING show up as views instead of tables.
- 07-23-2018 - Values cannot be edited in SYSTEM VERSIONING tables with INVISIBLE timestamp.
- 07-23-2018 - Cannot INSERT into tables with SYSTEM VERSIONING.
- 07-30-2018 - Fix for SYSTEM VERSIONED tables #14514, #14515, and #14516.
- 2019-03-13 - Fix for "continue" causing a warning in PHP 7.3.
- 2014-10-14 - zip_open ignores current working directory.
- 2016-04-13 - Redis fails when hhvm.php7.all enabled.
- 2016-04-13 - PHP 7 incompatibility with type converter for 'INF'/'NAN'.
- NOTE: This turned out to be a bug in PHP (not HHVM), and thus was reverted.
- 2016-10-03 - chdir ignores permissions on directories.
- 2018-02-08 - Interface method wrongly being flagged as PHP4 legacy constructor.
- 2018-06-01 - net/zerotier Notice: Undefined index: linkQuality.
- 2018-06-01 - No mention of required plugins on doc pages.
- 2018-07-26 - theme/rebellion: missing some elements in 18.7.
- 2018-08-10 - IPv6 Prefix ID under LAN Track Interface.
- 2018-08-14 - www/nginx: support fastcgi backend servers.
- 2019-11-28 - frr rip/ospf router metric.
- 2012-10-09 - Fixed two issues with IP Ranges.
- 2013-06-23 - IPv6 Addresses need to be enclosed in brackets.
- 2014-03-31 - Enable reverse proxy load balancing.
- 2016-04-21 - Fixed improper description (hours vs days).
- 2018-06-05 - Packet flooding and high CPU usage.
- 2018-06-09 - Managed Routes disappear on OPNsense.
- 2018-06-11 - Managed routes overwrite existing routes on OPNsense.
- 2018-06-27 - Cannot connect to ZeroTier service (VPNs and Hypervisors again).
- 2018-09-12 - Fix compile on FreeBSD targeting ARMv6 (Raspberry Pi).
https://github.com/zerotier/ZeroTierOne/issues/850 & https://github.com/zerotier/ZeroTierOne/pull/853
- 2018-09-14 - Display IPv6 addresses using condensed notation.
- 2019-02-05 - settings/primaryPort not fully respected.
- 2019-08-12 - Blacklist no longer works as expected in 1.4.0.
- NOTE: Whoops, my bad. Was an ISP config issue, not a ZeroTier bug!
- 2019-12-01 - os error 22 on .zfs hidden directory.
- 2018-05-07 - Contributing to the discussion on why explicitly documenting data types is important.
ESP8266 for Arduino
- 2018-06-17 - ESP8266WebServer memory exhaustion while processing requests.
- NOTE: I'm working on re-writing the majority of the web server to address these memory and other performance issues.
- 2018-10-25 - Force Watchdog Feeder
- NOTE: It turns out there was indeed a bug in the underlay ESP8266 Arduino library that I believe has since been fixed.
- 2017-12-20 - Correcting file name and standardizing JSON syntax.
PEL (PHP Exif Library)
- 2013-09-18 - Fixes Strict Standards for JPEG Quality.
- 2014-03-16 - Fixing issue with copyright tag.
PHPMD (PHP Mess Detector)
- 2015-12-21 - Added __debugInfo to list of ignored methods.
- 2016-09-11 - Crash if ZXing Barcode app not installed.
Public Drown Scanner
- 2016-03-03 - Adding python-pip to Debian Prereqs.
- 2018-04-09 - Correcting "Undefined offset: 0".
- 2019-01-24 - ISOs also released via Bittorrent.
- 2018-04-20 - Adding SpaceMonger - disk space usage graphical utility.
- 2017-04-23 - Utility: Unlocker - Unlock files Windows won't let you delete.
- 2018-08-02 - Adding Utility/HDDSCan.
- 2018-08-02 - Adding Video/VirtualDub.
- 2020-01-08 - Fixing "du -h" and adding "du" colorization support