Now Hiring: ParkatmyHouse.com
At ParkatmyHouse.com we are looking to expand our small team to include a number of new development positions ahead of a major project. Go ahead and take a look at the role descriptions. If the must haves don't quite fit, let us know anyway, you never know!
- HTML5, CSS3, splicing designs.
- Experience with a JS framework. (or multiple) (jQuery, Backbone, Angular, Ember)
- Modular JS (RequireJS etc.)
- Experience with CSS pre-processors. (LESS, SASS)
- Version Control (Git)
Nice to have
- Graphic design skills.
- UX Design.
- Photoshop / Illustrator.
- Laravel PHP framework experience.
- Experience with RESTful API's.
- Front-end build processes. (Grunt, Gulp)
Any additional skills from the 'Back-end Developer' role would be a bonus. We appreciate 'all-rounders' as well as specialists.
- PHP (we are using 5.5, square brackets huzzah!)
- Have used a PHP framework previously.
- Appreciation of clean code. (Patterns, standards (PSR-2) and modern implementations.)
- Well tested code. (We use a mix of behat/phpunit)
- Version control (Git)
Nice to have
- Laravel PHP framework.
- RESTful API development experience.
- Queuing systems.
- Payment/ e-commerce systems. (Not magento! (stripe etc))
- Linux administration.
- Continous integration systems. (We use Travis, private.)
- Vagrant (We use ansible for provisioning.)
Any additional skills from the 'Front-end Developer' role would be a bonus. We appreciate 'all-rounders' as well as specialists.
- Up to date iOS and Cocoa development skills.
- Experience building iOS apps from RESTful API's.
- Able to develop for retina devices.
- Clean code, developed using best practices.
- Understanding of UIKit, GCD, Net and Core Animation.
- Performance profiling with XCode.
- Experience with continuous integration platforms and writing well tested code.
Nice to have
- Android (Java) development skills.
- Design skills including Photoshop.
- Any skills mentioned in the other job descriptions.
- An interest in learning, and sharing knowledge with others.
- Excited by the web, advancements in development tools and techniques.
- Be motivated. We have fun, but we work hard to ship our code.
- Be able to work in either Cardiff or London. (Cardiff is cooler, I'm here. - Dayle)
- Fast learners. (The web moves quickly, as do we.)
- Good taste in music. (Honestly, this is the most important. Spotify)
- Competitive salary.
- Generous stock options.
- Be part of the evolution of an exciting company.
- Use exciting software, services and tools. (We use what we like, as long as it does the job.)
- Modern, flexible and agile sprint-based workflow.
- Have your ideas and suggestions valued by a small team of friendly creatives.
- Conferences and education sponsored by the company.
- Infinite leave days. (No really, not even a joke!)
- In London: Cooked lunches, quarterly massages, fresh fruit daily. (Like Mom used to make.)
- In Cardiff: Free hugs. (From Dayle)
Parking: stress, over-priced car parks, parking tickets, the lottery of if and where you’ll find that space. ParkatmyHouse is an innovative solution to these old headaches. What if property owners – families, small businesses, churches and more – rented out their parking spaces when they’re not being used?
Sounds fun, right?
If you are interested in applying for one of the roles, please send any or all of the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Github profile link.
- Links to personal projects or achievements.
- LinkedIn profile link.
- StackOverflow profile.
Likewise if you have any additional questions, please contact us! We will be in touch!
Red panda, standing by.