This section is a boiled down version of everything above. It should serve as an easy reference. These steps assume you've identified and installed the correct JDK.
Modify and Re-Jar Extension
- Locate the jar file: Extender > Extensions > Select extension > Details.
bapps\directory is located at
- Backup the original jar file to a different folder, outside of bapps.
- Change extension from .jar to .zip, extract contents, delete .zip file
- Make your modifications
jar cvf yourJarName.jar -C extractedContentsDirectory/ .
- Reload extension in Burp: Extender > Extensions, uncheck Load and check it again
Compile Extension from Source
- Clone or download extension source code
- Make your modifications, and create build location
- Compile source code:
javac -cp "C:\Program Files\BurpSuitePro\burpsuite_pro.jar" -d buildLocation sourceCodeLocation\*.java
- Create Jar:
jar cvf yourJarName.jar buildLocation/*.class anyOtherDependencies1 anyOtherDependencies2
- Load Jar into Burp: Extender > Extensions, Add, Extension type Java and locate built jar, Next, Close
- Disable original version of extension from BApp store