- This shouldn't be any more dangerous than flashing anything else, but as always be careful. If something does break, it's on you.
- When you have a terminal or CMD window open (which you will), keep it open until you're sure you're finished with everything! Unless you know what you're doing, it can be a hassle to CD into the right directory.
- On Windows, make sure you have the LG Mobile drivers installed.
- Open the Windows Store and install the Ubuntu (by Canonical) app.
- Open Ubuntu and let it install.
- Once installed, make sure everything is updated, using
sudo apt updateand then
sudo apt dist-upgrade.
- Make sure you have the following:
This file contains bidirectional Unicode text that may be interpreted or compiled differently than what appears below. To review, open the file in an editor that reveals hidden Unicode characters. Learn more about bidirectional Unicode characters
|# Watch xscreensaver and react to status changes.|
|# Replaced my previous perl-based recipe with this:|
|# Include somewhere in X session startup with:|
|# xscreensaver-watch &|