Instructions for building zlib UPS products
Setting up building environment
- You need to be on a SL7 machine or docker container (e.g.
- Have access to
- create a local working directory, e.g.
- Use the following command to start the docker container:
docker run --rm -it -v /cvmfs:/cvmfs -v $PWD/products:/products dingpf/sl7
- Once inside the container, add the path to your working directory to the
- Setup UPS products area which provides
Steps to make a newer zlib version
- Download an existing zlib source package with the build script in it (here is the one for v1.2.11);
- unwind the source package tarball to
- replace the zlib tarball under
/products/zlib/v1_2_11/tar/with a newer version from zlib's official website;
/products/zlib/v1_2_11/build_zlib.shwith the new zlib version number;
- change the directory name
/products/zlib/v1_2_11with new version number;
- change to
/products/zlib/$NEW_ZLIB_VERSION, and run
./build_zlib.sh /products <e14|e17|e19> [tar];
taroption will create a tarball for the built product which you can unwind into any UPS products area.