I'm definitely not looking for work. However to provide some helpful guidance for hiring like-minded engineers, I would only consider working for a company if it met these requirements:
- Fewer than 250 employees.
- Concrete, measurable plan to increase the number of women and minorities in engineering roles.
- Commitment to using and contributing to open source.
- Collaborative, friendly atmosphere where pair programming is encouraged.
- Meaningful work with clear linkage between work and company goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical business practices, e.g. B corp certification.
- Commitment to career development including yearly conferences.
- Demonstrated commitment to work/life balance, e.g. 40-45 hrs/week.