Enlight Solutions Seeks a Rubyist That Wants to Learn
Are you looking for a part time ruby gig (15-20 hours / week)? Come learn and grow with Enlight Solutions. It's a great opportunity to improve your coding skills and create awesome applications. This could eventually turn out to be a full time, salaried position.
If you're interested, please send me your github account, references, hourly rate, and/or code samples (in lieu of a github account). Resumes are great, but practical application and endorsements from your peers or clients will secure the position.
- Learn design patterns and architectural techniques that will serve you greatly in the future
- Learn Rails 3
- Learn how to write good user stories, acceptance criteria, and acceptance tests
- Solve interesting problems in the simplest way possible
- Work with a very small and innovative consulting company that endeavors to delight its clients
- Ensure that software delivered is delivered qualitatively
- Write well tested and expressive ruby
What I'm looking for:
- A strong, insatiable desire to learn and hone your craft
- A solid, demonstrated understanding of Rails framework and MVC fundamentals
- An education in or demonstrated background with object oriented design and architecture
- Solid communication skills as indicated from references
- Clean, well thought out code
The ideal candidate gets excited about learning new things and working with various parts of the Rails stack. Your goals should include establishing yourself as a helpful and integral member of the Ruby community at large. If you don't want to build and share your knowledge, this is not the gig for you.
About the Company:
Enlight Solutions is a web development consultancy that makes ideas happen. We work towards establishing quantifiable value for all of our clients through the creation of core software assets. We refine, build, and deploy quality software that solves real problems. We speak business first and geek a close second, ensuring that clients get software that solves their problems as simply as possible. We are firm believers in the promises of Agile Development methodologies and efficient web frameworks. We are lifelong learners, teachers, thinkers, and innovators.
In the next year, we plan to continue building great applications for our clients, but we're also investigating training, publication, and our own products as well. Come help shape the vision.
It's truly an opportunity to get involved in some great projects and learn a lot. This is a virtual position. While being close to Boston is preferable, it's about being the right fit first and where you're located second. I hope to hear from you! Email me at info-at-enlightsolutions.com
No third parties or agencies, please.