Population-specific tractography bundle atlas creation
Description of the project
Project goal: to develop a bundle atlas creation workflow that constructs a population-specific bundle template given a set of segmented bundles as input.
What has been done
- Extension of the image alignment workflow (started before GSoC): PR-2390 (merged)
- Development of a population specific bundle atlas creation workflow: PR-2425 (to be merged)
Due to its novelty, the project involved a great amount of research that lead to interesting results on:
- Development of a new spacially-unbiased streamline linear registration variant
- Comparison of different bundle combination and atlasing methods
The code used for experiments as well as a written report can be found here.
After this succesful experience we have decided to keep working together and move forward with the project by:
- Merging the PR related with the bundle atlas creation workflow
- Applying the atlasing workflow to larger datasets (e.g. HCP data)
- Extending the experiments and sharing the results with the community (in a conference or a paper)