Fidelity Investments Two-Factor Authentication for Account Access
[Fidelity] (https://www.fidelity.com/) offers two-factor authentication, which provides a second layer of protection beyond a password for accessing an account on their website. It uses either a physical token provided by Fidelity or the Symantec VIP Access smartphone app. It appears there is no information about this service provided online and it must be enabled and managed by phone.
Note that this is different than the weaker [“Transaction Security”] (https://fps.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fps/Fidelity/SecurityDevice/Maintain/Init), which only protects certain types of transactions.
Instructions for Setting Up Fidelity Two-Factor Authentication
- Do one of the following:
- Obtain a physical token by calling Fidelity Account Key Support at 800-544-7595.
- Install the Symantec VIP Access app for iPhone from https://itunes.apple.com/app/vip-access-for-iphone/id307658513?mt=8.
- Install the Symantec VIP Access app for Android from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verisign.mvip.main.
- Get the Credential ID from the token or app.
- Call Fidelity Account Key Support at 800-544-7595.
- Ask them to add two-factor authentication to your account. You will need to provide the Credential ID.
- The next time you log in to the Fidelity website it will prompt you for the temporary security code from the token or the app.