Join the Zenoss as a Service (ZaaS) team in the ongoing development of ZaaS in AWS (and other) public and private cloud environments. We are looking for a new team member who is an experienced Python programmer. Optional programming experience in Ruby and/or Java would be considered as well. Concentrating in developing rapidly and dynamically scalable methods for deploying and operating current and next generation Zenoss software in the cloud. We operate as a small team of highly skilled and energetic developers and operations staff that build, participate, and contribute to open-sourced projects to attain company goals. If you follow the interesting things that come from DevOps driven teams like Etsy, Pinterest, Facebook, Github, Netflix, etc, then you would be a great fit in this team!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building highly scalable and reliable applications to be used in cloud services/SaaS
- Collaborating with a team to design new features and functionality
- Working with customers to maintain and enhance existing product lines
- Learning new technologies quickly and leveraging 3rd party tools to speed delivery
- Travel occasionally for participation in shows and conferences.
- Encouraged to submit yours/our work to present at shows and conferences.
- Developing cloud-based applications/services using the following components
- Amazon Web Services
- Boto (or other AWS API)
- RabbitMQ or other strong AMQP experience
- Opscode Chef
- Proven experience automating deployment and configuration of systems in public clouds
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- 7+ years of programming experience with excellent understanding of OO concepts
- 4+ years of experience programming with Python and/or Ruby/Java
Nice to have:
- 2+ years of web application development
- Experience designing and implementing large scale systems
- Experience with open source development techniques
- Experience working with Agile processes, such as Scrum
- Experience with SNMP and other network management protocols/APIs a bonus
- Experience smoking a brisket for fifteen hours
- Experience with any of the following:
- D3.js - DC.js - Highcharts - Flot
- Puppet or cfEngine or SaltStack
- Splunk or Logstash/Kibana
- Zenoss - Graphite - Statsd - New Relic - Boundary - AppDynamics - CopperEgg
- AWS Technologies: CloudFormation, Auto-Scaling Groups, IAM Policies, VPC Networks
Location: Austin, TX (preferred), Work from Home - Anywhere is USA. Relocation to Austin optional after 1 year. Relocation will not be required.
Team Members: Check us out!
[Zenoss as a Service] (http://www.zenoss.com/solution/zaas)
[Aaron McSorley] (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/aaron-mcsorley-rhce/23/b51/51b)
[Alex Corley] (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alex-corley/3/867/752)
[Riley Seaman] (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/riley-seaman/13/475/14)
[Thomas Mahler] (http://www.linkedin.com/in/awesome)