- Installation paths: use one of these techniques to install node and npm without having to sudo.
- Node.js HOWTO: Install Node+NPM as user (not root) under Unix OSes
- Felix's Node.js Guide
- Creating a REST API using Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
- Node Cellar Sample Application with Backbone.js, Twitter Bootstrap, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
- Node.js for PHP programmers
- State of Node
- Node.js Infographic :: The State of Node
- Can You Count on Node?
- Peformance and V8 Debate (dated)
- Queues and Workers
- Distribute processing tasks to child processes with an über-simple API and baked-in durability & custom concurrency options. Available in npm as worker-farm.
- Kue is a feature rich priority job queue for node.js backed by redis. A key feature of Kue is its clean user-interface for viewing and managing queued, active, failed, and completed jobs.
- Migrating your WebSQL DB to IndexedDB
- Common Uses of CUBRID Node.js API with Examples
- node-pool: Generic resource pooling for node.js
- The Node.JS MongoDB Driver Manual
- Bookshelf is a promise based ORM for Node.js, built on Knex query builder. It extends the Model & Collection foundations of Backbone.js, providing transaction support, eager/nested-eager relation loading, and support for one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many relations.
- Mongoose Middleware
- Martin Fowler: Introduction to NoSQL
- TokuMX: High Performance for MongoDB
- The MongoDB tool belt
- Why MongoDB Never Worked Out at Etsy
- MongoDB: Tutorial
- Репликация MongoDb на Amazon EC2
- Easily Replicate your MySQL Database!
- Hybrid Applications with MongoDB and RDBMS
- Content Management Systems
- Static Site Generators
- An Introduction to Static Site Generators
- Hexo: A fast, simple & powerful blog framework, powered by Node.js.
- Punch: Punch is a simple, intuitive web publishing framework that will delight both designers and developers built on Node.js.
- jott: Minimum viable blog generator. Markup in Jade. Static HTML output.
- Master the CLI with Node
- global-npm-seed: Learn to create a global npm module with a CLI interface.
- Shell.js is a portable (Windows included) implementation of Unix shell commands on top of the Node.js API. You can use it to eliminate your shell script's dependency on Unix while still keeping its familiar and powerful commands.
- Dependency Injection
- Error Handling
- Image Manipulation
- node-gd: GD graphic library (libgd) C++ bindings for Node.js.
- node-image: This is a node.js module that unifies node-png, node-gif and node-jpeg modules.
- node-o3-canvas: This is a HTML5 spec Canvas component for NodeJS based on LibAGG and Freetype. It is implemented using the Ajax.org O3 component system, and should be easy to extend and fix.
- node-canvas: Node canvas is a Cairo backed Canvas implementation for NodeJS.
- node-vips: A node.js module that provides access to the VIPS library and Exiv2 in order to resize and rotate images.
- node-imagemagick: Imagemagick module for NodeJS
- node-imageinfo: A package that returns information about an image or flash file such as type, dimensions etc.
- gm: GraphicsMagick for node.
- Node.js testing RESTful API (vows.js?)
- Insanely fast, headless full-stack testing using Node.js
- Testing / Spec Frameworks List
- APIeasy: A fluent (i.e. chainable) syntax for generating vows tests against RESTful APIs.
- Frisby is a REST API testing framework built on node.js and Jasmine that makes testing API endpoints easy, fast, and fun.
- lab is a simple test utility for node. Unlike other test frameworks, lab does not attempt to cover many use cases or provide rich functionality and extensibility. In fact, this project started as a fork off mocha and was repeatedly refactored until only the very basic functionality was left which was then rewritten into a handful of functions.
- should is an expressive, readable, test framework agnostic, assertion library for node. It extends the Object prototype with a single non-enumerable getter that allows you to express how that object should behave.
- Super-agent driven library for testing HTTP servers
- Web Scraping
- Package Management
- parcel is easy package management using a file server and path conventions, with built in support for Amazon S3. It is designed to encode package metadata, including name, version and OS within a path. The conventions allow this metadata to be queried, without the need for a database.
- Authentication and authorization (password, facebook, & more) for your node.js Connect and Express apps.
- A simple route-based ACL component for express.js. This won't handle actual authentication, you can use everyauth for that.
- This module provides a minimalistic ACL implementation inspired by Zend_ACL
- XOAuth2 token generation with node.js
- OAuth Modules for Node.js - Supporting RSA, HMAC, PLAINTEXT, 2,3-Legged, 1.0a, Echo, XAuth, and 2.0
- helmet: Collection of middleware to implement various security headers for Express / Connect
- meteor accounts system
- node-http-signature: This document describes a way to add origin authentication, message integrity, and replay resistance to HTTP REST requests. It is intended to be used over the HTTPS protocol.
- Fully Loaded Node
- Using secure client-side sessions to build simple and scalable Node.JS applications
- Building A Node.JS Server That Won’t Melt
- Optimising NginX, Node.JS and networking for heavy workloads
- Every Programmer Should Know These Latency Numbers
- loader.io is a free load testing service that allows you to stress test your web-apps/apis with thousands of concurrent connections.
- Source Control