Introduction (5 min)
- As we come to the end of this project, it is good to do a handover and retrospective.
- Today is our last day on this project.
- Pretty sad about that. It's been great to work with GDS and you two specifically so thank you.
What we want to get out of this meeting
Not just about handing over the project but to give you an opportunity to share your experience of working with us. We're always looking to learn and improve, so any feedback is useful.
Agenda (2 min)
- Want to spend roughly 15 minutes on Security Alerts and Readme
- 40 min for retro
- We will do the hotair baloon retrospective because it's mainly focussed on the past
- I will explain this as we get to the retro
- Finally we will discuss the next steps
Run through Security alerts and explain, Readme
Hot air baloon Retrospective (10 min)
We will discuss what's helped the air baloon go higher, What has slowed it down Run through the notes
Regardless of what we discover, we understand and truly believe that everyone did the best job they could, given what they knew at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand
Note: When it comes to the retro we will discuss how we feel about the project as a whole, even when Dan was working on his own
- What has helped the hot air baloon go higher?
- What dragged the hot air baloon down
- Discuss postit notes
Outstanding items that need wrapping up
- Hubot commands
- Ruby upgrade script
- Github key needs updating from Dan's one
- Scanning the code for any improvements
Thank you very much for having us, it's been a pleasure and we hope to work with you again in the future.
What has helped the hot air baloon go higher?
- Freedom to architect the system the way we thought was best - That feeling that you have been working on something really useful (want to introduce all these tools at Made) - Fast tests (under 2 seconds) - Proud of the codebase - Good to work with Dan, never worked with him before
What could we improve upon
- It was the first time our product owner was technical - With lack of quick feedback, should we just pick up items from the feedback board? - Clean architecture is still hard - How much infra should we throw at this small project - The standup queue is unpredictable - Crunch 2 days before the deadline? - Acceptance tests with Webmock are AWFUL - Only sorted out my access to Heroku yesterday - Dependabot is DISABLED