Unit 1: God's Will and Your Life
"I am the vine; You are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." -John 15:5
Day 1: Jesus Is Your Way
- As I follow Jesus one day at a time, He will keep me in the center of God's will.
- Jesus is my Way. I don't need any other road map.
Day 2: Jesus is Your Model
- The Bible is my guide for faith and practice
- The right question is, What is God's will?
- Watch to see where God is working and join Him.
- God is always at work around me.
Day 3: Learning to be a Servant of God
- To be a servant of God, I must be moldable and remain in the Master's hand.
- Apart from God I can do nothing
- God can do anything through me.
- When I find out where the Master is working, then I know that is where I need to be.
Day 4 & 5: God Works Through His Servants
- God reveals what He is about to do.
- The revelation becomes an invitation to join Him.
- I can't stay where I am and go with God.
- God is able to do anything He pleases with one ordinary person who is fully consecrated to Him.
- God's standards of excellence are different from ours.
Unit 2: Looking to God
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God" -Psalm 20:7
Day 1: God-Centered Living
- To know and do God's will, I must deny self and return to a God-centered life.
- I must focus my life on God's purposes, not on my own plans.
- I must seek to see from God's perspective rather than from my own distorted human outlook.
- I must wait until God shows me what He is about to do through me.
- I will watch to see what God is doing around me and join Him.
Day 2: God's Plans Versus Our Plans
- Do things God's way.
- God will accomplish more in six months through a people yielded to Him than we could do in 60 years without Him.
- I am God's servant. I adjust my life to what He is about to do.
Day 3: God Takes the Initiative
- God's revelation of His activity is an invitation for you to join Him.
- "I seek at the beginning to get my heart into such a state that it has no will of its own in regard to a given matter."
- "I do not leave the result to feeling or simple impression."
- "I seek the Will of the Spirit of God through, or in connection with, the Word of God."
Day 4: God Speaks to His people
- God has not changed. He still speaks to His people.
- If I have trouble hearing God speak, I am in trouble at the very heart of my Christian experience.
- God speaks by the Holy Spirit, through the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the church to reveal Himself, His purposes, and His ways.
- Knowing God's voice comes from an intimate love relationship with God.
Day 5: God Speaks with a Purpose
- The moment God speaks to me is the moment God wants me to respond to Him.
- The moment God speaks to me is God's timing.
- God develops my character to match the assignment He has for me.
- God has a right to interrupt my life. He is Lord. When I accepted Him as Lord, I gave Him the right to help Himself to my life anytime He wants.
Unit 3: God Pursues a Love Relationship
"Jesus replied: '"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." This is the first and greatest commandment.'" -Matthew 22:37-38
Day 1: Created for a Love Relationship
- My Christian life depends on the quality of my love relationship with God.
- God created me for a love relationship with Him.
- Everything God says and does is an expression of love.
- A love relationship with God is more important than any other single factor in my life.
Day 2: A Love Relationship with God
- To be loved by God is the highest relationship, the highest achievement, and the highest position in life.
- God did not create me for time; He created me for eternity.
- I will let my present be molded and shaped by what I am to become in Christ.
- "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness."
- I will make sure I am investing in things that are lasting.
- Only He can guide me to invest my life in worthwhile ways.
Day 3: Walking with God
- When my relationship is as it ought to be, I will always be in fellowship with the Father.
- I will make the priority in my life to come to love Him with all my heart.
- I will have my quiet time because I know Him and love Him, not in order to learn about Him.
Day 4: God Pursues a Love Relationship
- In this love relationship, God always takes the initiative.
- I do not choose Him. He chooses me, loves me, and reveals His eternal purposes for my life.
- I cannot know the activity of God unless He takes the initiative to let me know.
Day 5: A Real, Personal Practical Relationship
- The relationship God wants to have with me will be real and personal.
- God's whole plan for the advance of the Kingdom depends on His working in real and practical ways through His personal relationship with His people.
Unit 4: Love and God's Invitation
Day 1: Know God
- Knowing God comes only through experience as He reveals Himself to me.
- I know God more intimately as He reveals Himself to me through my experiences with Him.
Day 2 & 3: Worship & Love God
- Obedience is the outward expression of my love of God.
- If I have an obedience problem, I have a love problem.
- God is love. His will is always best.
- God is all-knowing. His directions are always right.
- God is all-powerful. He can enable me to do His will.
- All of God's commands are expressions of His nature of love.
- When God gives a commandment, He is not restricting me. He is freeing me.
- If I love Him, I will obey Him!
Day 4: God Invites You to Join Him
- God is at work in the world.
- God takes the initiative to involve me in His work.
- God must take the initiative to open my spiritual eyes, so I can see what He is doing.
- When I see the Father at work around me, that is my invitation to adjust my life to Him and join Him in that work.
- God's revelation is my invitation to join Him.
Day 5: Knowing Where God is at Work
- A tender and sensitive heart will be ready to respond to God at the slightest prompting.
- Pray and watch to see what God does next.
- Make the connection. Ask probing questions. Listen.
- God speaks when He is about to accomplish His purposes.
- What God initiates, He completes.
Unit 5: God Speaks, Part 1
- That God spoke to people is far more important than how He spoke
- When God spoke, it was usually unique to that individual
- When God spoke, the person was sure it was God.
- When God spoke, the person knew what God said.
- When God spoke, that was an encounter with God.
- If I do not have clear instructions from God in a matter, I will pray and wait. I will not try to bypass the love relationship