Ethan Ray Post
Sr. Systems Admin/Automation Specialist
3514 Kennedy Ln. Centerville, TN 37033 (931) 230-3317
- 20 years of experience working with technologies new and old in multiple roles.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work well on both technical and non-technical teams.
- Team player, always learning and sharing.
- Driven to deliver value on every project.
IT Services Consultant, Kumulus Technologies, Apr. 2019 - Present
- As a member of a client's cloud automation team I developed a versatile AWS Lambda function in Python which automate EKS related tasks. Technologies used: kubectl, S3, EKS, CFT, Lambdas, Python, Boto3 and Kuberetes API's.
Founder, Arclogic Software, Aug. 2016 - Present
- Arclogic Software builds automation tooling. I am the author of an open-source automation framework (ArcShell.io). This product and others I will be building in the future reflect my passion for automation and monitoring.
PeopleSoft/Oracle Systems Administrator, Dell Services, Nov. 2009 - Aug. 2016
- Primary admin on multiple customer accounts simultaneously acting as a lead for leveraged off-shore and near-shore resources.
- Responsible for monitoring, upgrades, performance trouble-shooting, backups, security, high-availability and disaster recovery.
- Integrated and authored numerous tools in the automation and monitoring space.
- Technical resource on business development teams, short term assessments, and most urgent (SEV1) incidents within our services division.
Oracle Admin for Peradigm Development, Dell Services, Nov. 2003 - Nov. 2009
- Peradigm (formally Diamond Claims Processing System) handles the claims processing of some of the largest healthcare payors in the world.
- As lead development DBA I oversaw oversaw all database related code check-ins in this heavy PL/SQL based application.
- I was responsible for many optimization techniques in order to meet the performance requirements of our largest customers.
- I authored the entire DB build/upgrade process which all of our customers utilized for installations and upgrades, often with very large databases within short time frames.
- I oversaw the development of remote analysis and performance gathering tools to assist customers in troubleshooting issues.
ERP Applications Oracle DBA, Perot Systems, Oct 2001 - Nov. 2003
- Supported multiple customers running PeopleSoft and J.D. Edwards OneWorld ERP systems on Oracle RDBMS platform.
- Responsible for all typical database management tasks.
- Regularly involved in external evaluations, customer on-boarding, upgrades, and large scale implementations.
Oracle RDBMS - Python - PL/SQL - Bash - Unix/Linux - Weblogic - Websphere - PeopleSoft - J.D. Edwards - Kubernetes - AWS - Azure - Automation - Performance Monitoring - Backup/Recovery - High Availability - DR Planning and Testing
University of Phoenix, 1994
Completed 30+ hours towards degree in Business Administration.
Riverside Community College, 1992
Associate of Science
Coble Fire Department Coble, TN 2018
I am a state certified volunteer fire fighter with the Coble Fire Department.