EuskalHack Security Congress is the first Ethical Hacking association in Euskadi, with the aim of promoting the community and culture in digital security to anyone who may be interested.
This exclusive conference is shaping up to be the most relevant in the Basque Country, with an estimated 125 attendees for the first edition.
The participants include specialised companies, state security organisations, professionals, hobbyists and students in the area of security and Information Technology.
Estimated date and location
The estimated date for the conference is the 18th of June 2016 in the city of Donostia - San Sebastian.
Participate as a speaker
We want to open the doors to all those who wish to be part of this first edition of the EuskalHack Security Congress in one of the various categories of talks and workshops we offer, whether professionals, students or hobbyists.
We are interested in original content, giving preference to innovative research and materials, for example:
- Communication hacking: GSM, SDR, 3G, Fiber Optics, Satellite Links
- Robots, Drones, Mobile Devices, Virtual Reality, Raspberry Pi
- Critical infrastructure and industrial security
- Practical attacks and virtual environments
- Cryptography, steganography, anti-forensics methods
- Open Source software development
- Programming, Debugging and Exploitation
- Malware in general, APTs, Bypassing
- Corporate security and intelligence
- Cloud (in)security
- Data Mining
Language and Internationalisation
At EuskalHack we value linguistic diversity and internationalisation, this is why we envisage talks mainly being presented in Spanish, Basque and English.
Therefore, please let us know what language you plan to use for your slides and orally.
Note: We positively value bilingual options which can be understood by the maximum number of attendees as possible.
Talks and Workshops
We will have several spaces over the course of the event, which will include talks and workshops concurrently, taking three different types of approaches:
|TYPE||Dynamic exhibitions||Standard talks||Specific workshops|
|DURATION||20 minutes||50 minutes||120 minutes|
Once all of the proposals have been received the total number of presentations for each type will be determined, taking into consideration aspects such as technological diversity and public assistance.
Receipt of proposals
Proposal submissions should be done before March 11th through the forms found on the following links:
Dates to consider
The following are the dates and milestones which should be considered during various phases by the speakers directly involved:
|27/01/2016||Speaker registration begins|
|11/03/2016||Speaker registration ends|
|21/03/2016||Speaker confirmation date deadline by the organisation|
|02/05/2016||Speaker requirements submission|
|18/06/2016||EuskalHack Security Congress|
Commitment in meeting the dates set by those interested for the proper planning and effective implementation of the congress is requested.
Speaker rights and privileges
Take part in the first security conference in Euskadi.
Return travel paid by the organisation.
Paid hotel accommodation in the city.
Complete access to the conference.
Dinner with the other speakers and conference organisers.
20% discount on the EuskalHack association fee for the first year.
- Use the templates, typography, design and official logo of the organisation.
- Facilitate with documentation associated with the talk, with details about the demonstrations to be performed.
- Send the documents on the appropriate dates to ensure they are properly processed.
- Not to havegiven the presentation at other conferences.
- Explicitly accept the publication of materials submitted including any imagesr audio-visual recordings.
- Talks and workshops not previously given at other security conferences or any other places are given priority.
- It is vital that all those concerned fulfil their obligations and regulations to avoid any potential setbacks for the speaker or conference.
- The duration of the talks must adhere to what was previously agreed, and time must be allowed for audience questions.
- The talks and workshops must adhere to the code of ethics and common sense in regards to information security and legislative law.
- It is essential that you indicate your needs relating to travel and accommodation, so that we can deal with your stay with us in the best possible way. The organisation reserves the right to not cover this aspect if it is not stated explicitly.
Being part of EuskalHack as a sponsoring company implies having presence and impact in a unique and singular area, allowing to direct a message to a target audience, and facilitating and strengthening your brand and credibility in a major community event.
We consider it appropriate to limit the number of sponsors, which is essential to establish a balance between the visitors and the companies concerned.
If you would like to be a part of the conference, please contact us as soon as possible at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org