Presenter: Nima Elyassi-Rad
- Lead-gen flow: Prospect -> Lead -> Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) -> Customer
- Why are you in business?
- Exactly who are you helping?
- What specifically are you doing for them?
- CRM Template
- Services for improving mundane/routine aspects of lead-gen: upwork, mechanical turk, clearbit
- Script writing:
- State your reason/aim upfront
- Say the person’s name. Upfront and at the end.
- Don’t sell, help
- Be human. Read your script to someone wholly unfamiliar with your space. Optimize for language that sounds like you’re having a dialogue with the prospect.
- 80% rule. Be respectful, but persistent.
- On markets:
- Segment them into tiers
- Then templatize the messaging targeting each tier
- Be really high-touch with your tier 1 folks (check their Twitter accounts, seek out personal lines). Automate interactions with tier 2+.
- Say no to vanity metrics. Open rates and clickthrough rates say something about your subject line, but not your actual messaging.
- Key takeaways:
- No tricks. Always be experimenting.
- Never forget the three major
🔑s: why, who, and what?
- Sales = Activity x Skill