Check the boxes you understand and agree with. If you check more than 75% of the boxes you're a Drivechain maximalist. Otherwise you need treatment, join https://t.me/DCinsiders and ask for help.
- Sidechains are chains independent of Bitcoin consensus. They don't add any burden to the Bitcoin full nodes.
- Sidechains use bitcoins (BTC) as their base currency, not any shitcoin.
- Sidechains can have different rules, implement different features, be developed by different teams.
- Using a sidechain is completely optional.
- Sidechains are expected to be blindly merge-mined with Bitcoin, which means they increase the Bitcoin security budget without adding any burden to the normal Bitcoin miners.
- There are useful features that can be implemented in sidechains that we can't implement in Bitcoin today (and we don't want either, because it would clog the Bitcoin main chain which is already too small and want it to remain small).