BitWarden to Apple iCloud Keychain passwords converter
This Python scripts allows you to move your passwords from BitWarden to Apple iCloud.
You need to know:
- It ignores secure notes, credit cards and other types that are not passwords.
- It ignores BitWarden entries without usernames, passwords and URLs.
- It also ignores URLs that do not start with
- It normalizes all TOTP tokens, e.g.
wskg vtqa h5kl bhb4 v4v2 ybyo woc6 qme2will be converted to
- It preserves notes attached to accounts.
- It preserves all custom fields attached to accounts. They will be prepended to notes.
- BitWarden export does not contain any information about attachments. You should care about them manually.
All ignored (filtered) BitWarden entries will be logged to the console during convertion process.
Export your BitWarden passwords
You should export your BitWarden vault in JSON format (not encrypted). See "Export Vault Data". Exported file will be named like
bitwarden_export_20220426113920.json, you should rename it to
Download Python file attached to the Gist. Place this file in the same directory with
bitwarden.json file and run it:
It will generate
Import passwords to iCloud
To import passwords, you should use generated
icloud.csv file. See "Import bookmarks, history, and passwords in Safari on Mac".
Get a shortcut to quickly open Passwords on your Apple devices: https://www.reddit.com/r/shortcuts/comments/w1sa8w/updated_for_macos_13_ventura_and_ios_16_go/