This Gist's content has been added to http://government.github.io/best-practices/design-systems/ and will no longer be edited here
Initially focused on Open Design Systems used by U.S. Federal agencies (e.g. Vets.gov Playbook), and looking to include more in the Open Source Government space.
Naming things is fun, no? You call it Style Guide, he calls it Playbook, I call it Design System, or perhaps Living Style Guide; whatever it is let's list it.
- Design System
- Style Guide / Living Style Guide
- HTML/CSS Framework, Toolkit, Front-end Guidelines, etc (particularly when tied in with Design System)
- Content Style Guide
While this may list some User Experience Resources specific to Gov, this resource is not looking to document every possible resource for UX/Usability/Human Factors/etc.
- Civic organizations
U.S. Federal Agencies
- VA Playbook, Design (GitHub)
- OPM USAJOBS Design System (GitHub)
- USPTO UI Design Library (GitHub)
- CFPB Design Manual (GitHub)
- CFPB Capital Framework (GitHub)
- CMS.gov Assets Framework (no repo?)
- ODPHP (health.gov) Health Literacy Online (no repo?))
- NC.gov Style Guide (no repo?)
- Code For America Style Guide (GitHub)
- Sunlight Foundation - Data Visualization Style Guidelines PDF
- dosomething.org - Forge Pattern Library (GitHub)