We're looking for systems administrators and software developers of all levels interested in a predominantly web operations role. You will...
- Work with developers to optimise existing application and to design new ones
- Support production web applications and infrastructure
- Participate in stand-ups, planning sessions and retrospectives
- Design, build and run systems for application deployment, systems orchestration and configuration management
- Encourage everyone (developers, delivery managers, product owners) to think about how new applications will be run and maintained
- Be an integral part of growing a multi-disciplinary operations team
- Contribute to designing internal processes needed in the running of a high performance development and operations organisation
Specialist Skills / Expertise
- Linux fundamentals
- Experience configuring web and application servers
- At least some programming skills
- Network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- File systems and storage
- Databases of different stripes
- Common web application architectures
- Handling a complex multi-server system
- Low level system and high level application monitoring
- Experience of multiple programming languages
- Common deployment patterns
- Continuous integration
- Capacity planning
- Load and performance testing techniques
- Highly available systems design
- Administration and tuning of production database systems.
- Installation and usage of monitoring tools; for instance Nagios, Ganglia, Riemann, Graphite, etc.
- Knowledge of configuration, deployment and management of at least one web application stack. We're currently using Scala and Ruby but interested in other choices.
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, CFEngine.
And ideally have an interest in or some experience with:
- EC2 or similar dynamic provisioning
- Compliance, auditing and security
- Open source development
- Experience in a product centric environment
- Opinions about multi-node orchestration
- Pragmatic ITIL
The roles are based in central London, from our nice offices in Holborn.
The closing date for applications is the 10th of July 2012.
If you're interested in more details or how to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.