Level up your GitHub skills with GitHub Learning Lab. Our friendly bot will take you through a series of fun, practical projects that will give you the skills you need in no time--and share helpful feedback along the way.
- Learn the way you work: Work directly in the GitHub repositories, issues, and pull requests with guidance and feedback from our bot
- Pick up new skills: Discover new challenges and learn how to work better with GitHub Track your accomplishments: See the courses you’ve completed on your profile page
Getting started with GitHub Learning Lab
Install GitHub Learning Lab as you would install any GitHub App. GitHub Apps take extra steps to be respectful of your privacy but require a little bit of setup to get started.
GitHub Learning Lab creates a repository with your GitHub user account every time you register for a new course. This repository is where you'll work with Learning Lab in issues and pull requests.
When you install the app, you can choose to authorize access to all repositories, or grant it access to a single repository.
Recommended approach: Install GitHub Learning Lab on all repositories
- Give GitHub Learning Lab general access and trust at your user account level, just like you would for any other OAuth service. This way, you’ll only need to authorize GitHub Learning Lab once on initial installation.
Alternative approach: Install GitHub Learning Lab on a single repository
- Grant GitHub Learning Lab access to one repository on your account. Once this permission is granted, the app will be able to create new repositories on your account.
- As you register for each course, the app will create a new repository. To work with the bot on a specific course, you’ll need to grant GitHub Learning Lab access to that repository.