Setting Up Docker Quickstart Terminal on Jetbrains IDE
By default, all Jetbrains IDE on Windows uses Windows Command Prompt in its terminal. For Docker Toolbox users, it is probably more intuitive to use the Docker Quickstart Terminal (which is essentially Windows Git bash prompt with initialized with a script from Docker Toolbox.
To do that, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Settings in your Jetbrains IDE.
- From the navigation menu on the left, go to Tools and then Terminal settings.
- Under Application Settings, change the shell path to
"C:\Program Files\Git\bin\bash.exe" --cd="C:\Program Files\Docker Toolbox" --login -i "C:\Program Files\Docker Toolbox\start.sh"
- Click "OK" button to confirm your changes.
- Enjoy your new terminal in the IDE. :D