Upstream Maintainer's Responsibilities
- Maintainer is also the top contributor of the project.
- Keep upsteam branch at production quality at all times.
- Work with the release maintainer to keep the release branch stay as close as possible.
- Accept only high quality pull-requests. Provide code reviews and guidance on incomming pull requests.
- Maintainer's Github keys must be password protected securely.
- Any public facing API or UI or architectural or significant changes requires approval from the architect.
Release Maintainer's Responsibilities
- When maintainer is offline, sub-maintainer takes his/her responsibilities.
- Primary responsibility of the release maintainer is frequent high-quality releases.
- Secure download servers and delivery streams.
- All releases must be signed.
- Sigining keys are secured on an isolated system.
- Work with the upstream maintainer to keep the release branch stay as close as possible.
- Release requires architect's and maintainer's approval.