My Deliveries were:
- Task 1: Help Organization in Pupa-ization of Existing Scrapers and Fixing Bugs & Updating Scrapers For Different States
- Task 2: Build New Open Civic Data Admin Tools
- User Feedback Tool
- Merge Tool
- Name Resolution Tool
- Retirement Tool
- Data Quality Issues & Exceptions Tool
- Common Status Page for all states containing current status of different parameters
- Sub pages for the status of specific sessions/states etc.
- Advanced filters to sort data accordingly
- Fast search queries using Django-ORM
I have met all the goals which were originally outlined in the project plan.
List of PR's
Here are links to my PR's which got merged during the coding period.
- Google Summer of Code - Improved Data Tools
- Progress on the OCD Data Quality Tools
- Google Summer of Code - Data Quality Tools Update
- Google Summer of Code 2017 Final Update
While I was working on my project I learned a lot of things like — writing quality code and effectively testing the code. More importantly, I learned the importance of Continuous Integration and Unit Testing. So, GSoC really helped me in growing myself on my road to becoming a super cool programmer.
I’m extremely happy that I selected the Open States as my GSoC organization. I would like to thank my mentors Miles sir and James sir for providing me the guidance in successfully completing the GSoC project.