Name: Seiya Ishibashi
Address: MinatoCity Tokyo Japan
2021- Polyphony Digital
2014-2020 Unity Technologies Japan
2019 Hello World
Hello World is a cel-look 3D CG film by Graphinica released in 2019. This project was to reproduce it on Unity with the help of Graphinica. The goal is to achieve the film-quality cel-look 3D CG on Unity in realtime. There is a detailed report on gamesindustry.biz.
- DXR-based raytraced hard shadow for cel-look shading. It supports skinning and blendshapes. Also, it supports adaptive sampling that works very well in this specific use case. (github: RaytracedHardShadow)
- Fast geometry cache system. Similar to Alembic, but optimized for realtime rendering. It is implemented as a part of MeshSync.
MeshSync is a live link tool for Unity. It supports Maya, 3ds max, Blender, Modo, MotionBuilder. It can synchronize geometries, animations and some parts of materials from DCCs to Unity in almost realtime. Live link was a key feature for artists' workflow in both our and our customers' projects.
2016 The Gift
A short film collabolated with Marza Animation Planet. There is a detailed report on CGWorld.jp.
- Key parts of content pipeline (Alembic importer, EXR image sequence exporter)
- Some part of VFX (wave of balls)
2011-2014 Square Enix
2013-2014 Final Fantasy XV
System Progamming, Optimization
2012-2013 Luminous Studio (Game Engine)
System Progamming, Optimization
2011-2012 Agni's Philosophy (Technology Demo)
System Programming, Optimization
2009-2011 From Software
2010-2011 In-house Game Engine
System Progamming, Graphics Programming, Optimization
(My name was listed in Dark Souls' staff roll)
2009-2010 Monhan Nikki Pokapoka Airu Mura (PSP. published only in japan)
CEDEC 2017 Session: "デモシーンへようこそ" ("Welcome to Demoscene")
slide. Collaborated with my friend Zavie
CEDEC 2016 Session: MAKING OF "THE GIFT"
slide. Collaborated with Marza Animation Planet.
Unite Tokyo 2015 Session: "Render Massive Amount of Objects in Unity"
TokyoDemoFest 2015: "blue impulse"
PC demo. movie & source
CEDEC 2014 Session: "Live Coding in C++"
Alcantarea / DynamicPatcher (2013)
DynamicPatcher is a library that allow you to apply C++ code changes to running programs. Alcantarea is a Visual Studio Add-in that is improved DynamicPatcher with add-in forms. Alcantarea allow you to apply C++ code changes without integrating external libraries.
DynamicPatcher is used by Riot Games.
Exception is a shmup featured massive amout of particles. Break enemies into fragments, blow them into other enemies, and make Kessler Syndrome!
This game was published as an arcade game by Success and Taito (arcade version).
- Deep understanding of C/C++ (15+ years experience)
- Low level programming (basic assembler skill (x86/64), experience and knowledge of compiler and toolchains, basic knowledge of OS)
- Graphic programming (OpenGL 1.x-4.x, Direct3D 9-12 includes DXR)
- Console exprience (Playstaion4, Playstaion3, PSVita, PSP, XBox One, XBox 360)
- Content pipeline experience (FBX, Alembic, USD, etc)
- Plugin development for some DCC tools (Maya, 3ds max, Blender, Modo, MotionBuilder)
- Unity (5+ years experience)
- Photography (flickr)