Feature Request: Search for a new house using its approximation of a POI like a subway, mall or something like that.
- When your user are adding a new house for sale/rent they also provide its address.
- With this address you are able to convert it to a latitute,longitude (x,y).
- With this x,y you are able to use a service like Google Places API and store on your database the proximity of a lot of useful POIs from the house itself.
- Now that you have all those nearby POIs stored and its distances from the provided address, you are able to provide a freaking awesome search for your users.
- Now you can for example search for a house or appartment, for rent, in Lisbon, which is 1-2km near of a subway or a train station.
- How? With
postgresyou can use extensions like
earthdistance. Or with a no-sql solution using
Geospatial index (2d).