Client/Server Data Synchronization
In-memory db with notifications, may be used alongside other DB.
- MongoDB | Livequery | server DDP | DDP client | minimongo
- Livequery for DB updates subscriptions (MongoDB)
- Minimongo is MongoDB imitation, used for latency compenstion.
- Opinionated, heavy, not very modular.
- Backed by MongoDB or in-mem, based on Operational Transformations
- Was used in Derby (dead?)
Use CoachDB for data sync. Not flexible.
Architecture, uses Redis.
Subscribe to DB updates without additional layer of complexity.
What is the best way to get live updates from DB?
Data Synchronization in General
- Delta-based (more low-level and data related, CRUD) over Event-based sync (more abstract).
- Related topics: operational transformation (OT), differential synchronization, etc.