#Bugsnag Error Widget for Dashing.io
To use this widget you have two options:
- Let Dashing do the hard work for you: run
dashing install f7ed811ea0fcecb5c4ace4c7e029cd9e
(this will copy all files in place).
bugsnag_errors.rb to configure your Bugsnag credentials and set up the list of errors you are interested in.
- Or do it all yourself: copy
/widgets/bugsnag_errorsdirectory. Put the
bugsnag_errors.rbfile in your
/jobsfolder. Then edit
bugsnag_errors.rbto configure your Bugsnag credentials and set up the list of errors you are interested in.
After that, install dependencies:
gem 'json'to your
To include this widget in a dashboard, add the following snippet to the dashboard layout file:
<li data-row="1" data-col="2" data-sizex="1" data-sizey="1"> <div data-id="<bugsnag_errors_job_id>" data-view="BugsnagErrors"></div> </li>
##How to configure bugsnag_errors.rb
- Modify CREDENTIALS object username and password.
- Inside job_mapping, add one entry per error configuration you want to fetch (i.e production errors, production warnings, dev errors, open errors...) following the structure of the sample jobs you can find in bugsnag_errors.rb.
- Use the key of the job entry you just configured as yor
data-idin your dashboard html.
- You can add any number of jobs and therefore you can have any number of html BugsnagErrors tags.
##Widget background color The widget is colored depending on the error severity:
- red for
- orange for
- green for
##Where is my project id?
- Open a browser, log into bugsnag.com and load https://api.bugsnag.com/accounts. There you will find your account ID.
- With that account ID, load http://api.bugsnag.com/accounts/your_account_id/projects. There you will find your project's IDs.
##Based on bugsnag API All configurable job properties inside bugsnag_errors.rb are documented in http://docs.bugsnag.com/api/data-access/errors/