Stride Consulting, New York, NY (2018–present)Software Engineer –
- Peloton Interactive Acquisition Marketing (August 2019–) – Front-end developer on the TOFU (top of marketing funnel) team. Technologies used include Contentful, GraphQL, Netlify, Node, React, Redux, TypeScript.
- IBM Digital Workspace Engineering (April–June 2019) – Back-end developer on the w3 Notifications team. Technologies used include Cassandra, GraphQL, Kafka, Node, TypeScript.
- Blackboard Insurance Underwriter Slate (May 2018–March 2019) – I worked mostly on the front end of Underwriter Slate, a Web-based application that streamlines the issuing of commercial insurance policies. We built three lines of business: General Liability, Commercial Property, and Commercial Automobile. Technologies used include CSS Grid, Enzyme, Flask, Jest, JMESpath, Material UI, Node, PostgreSQL, PyTest, Python, React, Redux, redux-form, reselect, Ruby on Rails.
Fullstack Academy, New York, NY (2017)Teaching Fellow –
- Mentored, debugged with, and taught concepts and best practices to a class of 28.
- Advised a six-student learning team, meeting one-on-one and giving written code reviews.
- Conducted 2–3 technical interviews per week for admissions; trained new interviewers.
- Managed two student projects from ideation to deployment, acting as scrum master, code reviewer, and technical consultant.
- Presented three lectures on algorithms for technical interview prep.
The Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY (2016–2017)Digital Media Producer –
- Collaborated with multiple teams on cross-departmental projects.
- Trained two producers in using the CMS, editing images, and using Git and GitHub.
- Built two new sections of Ruby-on-Rails–driven static pages.
- Migrated 19 years’ worth of content from the Young Architects Project website into the CMS.
- Translated two sections of MoMA.org from Ruby-driven HTML into Jekyll-driven pages.
- Wrote, maintained, and organized documentation of the site’s CMS and other content production tools.
Amplify Education, Brooklyn, NY (2014–2015)Senior Content Producer, EPUBs –
- Built or optimized more than 300 e-books from multiple sources and formats, for accessible and appealing presentation in a proprietary reading system.
- Collaborated with developers and product owners to build and refine tools and workflows.
- Documented e-book management, optimization, publishing, and QA processes.
- Trained three content producers and performed regular code reviews.
- Interviewed candidates for the entire content production team.
- Coached 20 colleagues in HTML, CSS, EPUB construction, accessibility, and tools.
- Performed an accessibility audit of the lesson delivery application.
F+W Media, New York, NY (2012–2014)eBook Developer –
- Evaluated and refactored up to 12 e-books per month, mostly illustrated instructional titles.
- Built high-priority or highly customized e-books from start to finish.
- Worked with conversion partners and internal teams to streamline e-book production.
- Reduced conversion errors and QA time on outsourced e-books by creating F+W’s first set of comprehensive conversion guidelines and a corresponding QA checklist.
F+W Media, New York, NY (2011–2012)Digital Production ePub QA Associate –
- Wrote guidelines and other support documents, and provided technical support and training to internal teams.
- Helped develop book-based applications and audio/video-enhanced e-books.
- Researched advances in e-book technology and standards to shape improvements to existing workflows.
The Academy of American Poets, New York, NY (1999–2001)Webmaster –
- Led Poets.org, then one of the largest and most popular poetry sites on the Web, through restructuring and redesign, improving organization, usability, and performance.
- Wrote and edited content, moderated online forums, performed QA and technical support.
Grace Hopper Program, Fullstack Academy, New York, NY (2017)
A 17-week immersive software engineering program for women.
- Be a Better Developer: Build for Accessibility (10-minute tech talk)
ITP, New York University, New York, NY (2008–2010)
- “PAPER SMELLS NICE I READ IT IN THE TUB” (20-minute thesis talk)
Williams College, Williamstown, MA (1987–1991)
BA magna cum laude in English; minor in Women’s Studies. Andrew F. Mellon Fellowship in the Humanities.
- SlyDv: Presentation slides for developers Roles on four-person team: managed user stories, specified template types and application flow of editing process, built slide editing form, evangelized for linter.
- Bookalator: Explore books using natural language processing (ongoing solo project)
SKILLS & TOOLS USED
- Technical Writing
- Training & Mentoring
- Circle CI
- Pivotal Tracker