With almost no bandwith at home, I needed a way to download
DOOM that didn't involve blocking the home internet line for two days.
Using steamcmd you can use any computer to download steam games.
- Install it
- Open it and loging with your username and password:
login username password
- Set the operating system and 32/64 bits of the game. For example I downloaded
DOOMfrom a mac for a
- Choose a folder name:
- Go to https://steamdb.info/ and find the
APPIDof the game you want to download.
app_update 379720 validate
This will generate a folder called
DOOM with the game inside and one extra folder:
steamapps where an
appmanifest_xxx.vcf file will be created.
- Close steam.
- Find your steam folder
- copy the game where the other games are. Usually the
steamapps\commonfolder. Leave the name of the folder unchanged
- From the game you've just copied, move the appmanifest file with the other manifests in the
- Open steam and you should see your game as installed in your library.
- You can verify that your game is ok following these instructions.