- Bash (AKA Bourne Again Shell) is a type of interpreter that processes shell commands.
- A shell interpreter takes commands in plain text format and calls Operating System services to do something.
- Bash is the improved version of Sh (Bourne Shell).
- A shell scripting is writing a program for the shell to execute and a shell script is a file or program that shell will execute.
- Terminal is the interface to the shell interpreter.
- A shell script is a fully-fledged programming language in itself. It can define variables, functions and we can do conditional execution of shell commands as well.