- Use Google Maps, save Goa offline for quick access. Jio works everywhere.
- Buy hats. Goa is hot and humid (between Feb to Dec).
- If you reach Madgaon by train and want to go to North Goa, take an auto to the Madgaon Bus stand (around Rs. 120). Book a ticket for the non-stop express bus to the Panjim Bus stand. At Panjim Bus stand, take a KTC prepaid taxi to North Goa.
- A nice place to homestay is Joe and Marietta's guesthouse, Calangute Goa. They have all amenities like AC, fridge, hot water, wifi... It's very near to KFC. They will provide numbers to cab and bike services too. But do NOT buy petrol from them even if the lady insists. They charged Rs. 80/ltr when the petrol price in Goa was Rs. 52/ltr on the day. There are petrol pumps everywhere. One can stay in North Goa and visit Old Goa + Panjim by bike.
- Autos and cabs will cost you dearly. Hire a bike for a few days (~Rs. 300/day for Honda Activa). No Uber or Ola, thanks to govt
Generate an App password for your Google account. Select the custom option from the drop-down menu. The password will work with any of the utilities below.
Compose, 'sendemail' with attachment
Install sendemail and dependencies
sudo apt install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl libterm-readkey-perl sendemail
Apply patch1 to simplify the mailing experience
sudo patch /usr/bin/sendEmail < sendEmail-1.56-5.patch