Python, pip, virtualenv on Windows
- Download Python -- please use this version!
THIS IS IMPORTANT Choose "Python 3.4.4 - Download Windows x86-64 MSI installer", specifically that one.
- Install it with default options
- After installing, open Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings
- Click Environment Variables
- In the list on the bottom, choose Path and click Edit
- On Windows 7 and 8, add this to the end of the string:
On Windows 10, press
New and type
- Press Ok on all the dialog windows
- Open up a new command prompt window. It must be a new window, no recycling here!
py -m pip. Some text should flash by. If not, ask Jonathan to diagnose.
py -m pip install virtualenv
Done! Ready to continue with Prince's tutorial