It looks like you're trying to unsubscribe from an Apache Spark mailing list. Unfortunately, you have used the main mailing list address for your request (i.e. the one that is supposed to be for actual content and discussion, as opposed to administrative requests). This is bad for a few reasons.
- It clutters up the archive, as these messages stick around forever.
- It generates an unnecessary email to many thousands of people
- It doesn't actually do what you want, which is unsubscribing from the mailing list.
The good news is there are a couple of places where the instructions for unsubscribing are documented. You have probably come across them before, but just in case you need a refresher:
- The Spark community site. Ctrl+F for the word
- The welcome email you received when signing up for the mailing list. Ctrl+F for the word
This is actually a "solved" problem. Some mailing list software already handles this issue transparently.
mailman, for example, already handles this problem by detecting when somebody sends an "unsubscribe" message to the main list, and automatically diverts it or issues an auto-response. However, the Apache infra team (which maintains the mailing lists for Apache projects) has decided they can't or won't do anything along these lines.