TLDR: The anchor is the maintainer of feedback loops within the team.
Always be doing these things
- Encourage pivots to capture needed work as stories in the icebox.
- Work with PM to prune and validate the necessity of stories.
- Monitor and unblock story tracks that have been blocked for extended periods of time.
- Keep an eye on the team’s velocity and monitor time spent on stories.
- Be a conduit for feedback between the team and the PM, the team and leadership.
- Check that the number of stories in flight match the number of pairs on the team.
- Work with PM at pre-IPM to ensure work is well-defined.