You'll find that getting QT to play nicely on Lion is less than intuitive and painful much less getting all of the Eric IDE pre-requisites working, as well. In a effort to ease your pains, here's the steps that I went through:
btw, these instructions are assuming you have an Intel Mac (I doubt Lion supports PowerPC, though).
- What developer hasn't installed Xcode on his Mac, yet?!?
- Xcode has the build tools that everything needs so you'll need this.
- I think the OS X version of Python will work but I used python2.7 from Homebrew
- You can figure this part out for yourself <= I'm too lazy!
Qt 4.8.1 <= as of this writing
- Download the SDK from here: http://qt-project.org/downloads
- I used the Online SDK installer but the Offline installer will probably work too.
- Just install the pkg like you normally would but be patient since this WILL take a while.
- Don't ask me what this is, just install it because you need it.
- Download it from here: http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk