Hi BB+ Pull!
I wanted to share links to the demo we showed on the previous call. To try it out:
- Visit Blood Pressure App
- Choose "Good Health Clinic". (this register a new
client_idthen redirects for authorization.)
- Log in as demo/demo to Authorize access
More details below :-)
Behind the scenes, we have the three main components of a BB+ Pull implementation: an app, a provider, and a registry. Here they are (source code + live sites):
App (SMART Blood Pressure Centiles)
- live demo (GH Pages): http://joshuamandel.com/blue-button-blood-pressure-app/authorize.html
- source: https://github.com/jmandel/blue-button-blood-pressure-app
Provider (BB+ Pull Reference Implementation based on MITREid Connect)
- live demo (appfog): http://bbplus-ri.aws.af.cm
- source: https://github.com/jmandel/OpenID-Connect-Java-Spring-Server
Registry (Static site exposing the complete BB+ Registry API)
- live demo: https://bbplus-static-registry.aws.af.cm/
- source: https://github.com/blue-button/static-registry-example
The app maintains a list of BB+ Registries that it trusts. (In fact, just one registry:
The Blood Pressure Grapher app fetches a list of BB+ Providers from each registry it trusts.
The app helps a user select her doctor from among the known BB+ Providers.
The app registers itself (automatically and without delay) with the user's BB+ Provider.
The app redirects the user to her BB+ Provider to authorize data access.
The user signs in with her BB+ Provider, and authorizes access.
The BB+ Provider redirects the user back to the Blood Pressure Grapher app, along with access tokens.
The app uses those access tokens to fetch a C-CDA clinical summary from the user's provider.
The app extracts BP data from the C-CDA and graphs them.