Interview conducted by Jeff Bleiel (May 4, 2017)
- The subject of software architecture is so broard that it cannot be defined.
- E.g., it deals with all the *ilities (the non-functional requirements)
- Security (this is a continual execerise)
- The future cannot be predicted. Thus five year plan don't work out. Thus there is a need to work incrementally.
- It is not just about adapting the system to accomodate new behaviour but evolve the system to fundamentally change its behavior.
- It supports hypothesis-driven development by the definition of fitness functions from the architectural goals. Those fitness functions are then tested automatically in the release pipeline.