Building a little list so I can more easily recommend the best talks and be able re-watch them myself.
- "Beyond Hello World and Todo Lists" by Ossi Hanhinen
- Ossi shares practical experience of building several Elm apps.
- "The Clockwork Gardener: Growing an Elm App With Templates" by Jessica Kerr
- Keeping maintainability of Elm while being able to do big sweeping changes like in a dynamic language.
- Q&A Panel (elm-conf 2016)
- Good and enteraining Q&A with many experienced Elm devs and Elm's creator.
- "Making Impossible States Impossible" by Richard Feldman
- Design Elm data structures in such a way that some bugs are impossible. E.g. stuff like: you can't have a current page if there are no pages at all.
- "Code is the Easy Part" by Evan Czaplicki
- Design rationale behind Elm and why Evan still want's to be a 1-man team for now.
- String Theory (Elixir Conf 2016)
- Explains all string-like types (atom, binary, list, iolist, ...) and how unicode works in Elixir.
- An Intro to Ecto: Using Ecto in Non-Phoenix Elixir Projects
- Generating a project, basics, up to some advanced queries.
- ElixirConf 2016 - Leveling Up With Ecto by Darin Wilson
- Many good query examples and goes trough the non-db uses for Ecto.
- gary_bernhardt: Writing a text editor from scratch #programming
- Editor built in ruby using low level ANSI/TTY.