We are looking to hire a skilled Clojure/ClojureScript developer to help build a new platform for medical knowledge. By applying Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to medical literature, we aim to give experts the insights they need to make informed decisions.
The project is part of Doctor Evidence, a company based in Santa Monica, CA. At this moment a small team is working remotely (GMT+2, EU timezone) on this project as a full-time Research & Development effort.
You will work in a small team that will architect and build the next-generation of data science tools for Evidence Based Medicine and Health Technology Assessment. A good fit would be someone who can work quickly while still following best practices, who thrives on new technology, and has an avid interest in medical informatics and machine learning.
What we offer
- Flexible work hours from the comfort of your home
- Interesting problems with many opportunities for personal input
- Industry standard compensation
Skills & Requirements
- You have experience in developing and maintaining web-based (Clojure, ClojureScript) applications
- Willing and able to work remotely. We have a distributed team with members across the globe. Western European (GMT) timezone is preferred
- Able to work autonomously, and be self-motivating. You will be working on early stage projects where feedback and iteration are crucial
- MSc or PhD in computer science, mathematics, artificial intelligence, life sciences, or related
- You have strong communication skills and willingness to ask questions. We do not write implementation specs for you; you'll be given a business problem to solve, and are expected to understand and explore the space of design alternatives and collaborate on a solution. Questions will occur and it is important that you'll be comfortable asking them and chasing down answers
- Familiarity with modern development workflows and release cycles, using Agile-like methodologies
- Familiarity with Evidence Based Medicine, Systematic Review Methodology or Health Technology Assessment
- Affinity with the medical domain (UMLS ontologies, MEDLINE/PubMed data sets, ClinicalTrials.gov)
- Familiarity with semantic web technologies like SPARQL, RDF, and Linked Data
- Aside from Clojure some analytics components are developed in Java and Python, being able to grok what's going on there is a big plus
- Clojure back-end
- ClojureScript front-end with Reagent/re-frame
- Jena/Fuseki RDF triple store
- Python (scikit-learn, keras/tensorflow, numpy/scipy) for machine learning
- Bare-metal Ubuntu servers with Docker for deployment
About Doctor Evidence
Doctor Evidence (DRE) is a software and service company that creates specialty databases of relevant evidence from published clinical studies, regulatory agency-approved drug labels, epidemiological data, and other sources. Health care manufacturers including medical imaging companies, surgical device companies, diagnostic test companies, biotech and pharmaceutical companies use clinical studies and other data sources as their primary asset to obtain regulatory and industry approval, as well as to promote their products. DRE has created state-of-the-art technologies and services that enable client companies to search for, organize, analyze, and communicate on the most relevant medical evidence.
Doctor Evidence’s development team is a group of creative, energetic people who are passionate about improving human health through the intelligent use of semantic technologies. We have used this technology to develop the industry-leading analytic platform for pathway analysis and systems biology research, and are now expanding to develop new solutions for the life sciences and healthcare markets. We are passionate about our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for intelligent, talented and entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team.