Description: What does this project do and who does it serve?
How do I, as a developer, start working on the project?
- What dependencies does it have (where are they expressed) and how do I install them?
- How can I see the project working before I change anything?
How do I run the project's automated tests?
- Run other local services / provide credentials for external services.
How to setup the deployment environment
- Required heroku addons, packages, or chef recipes.
- Required environment variables or credentials not included in git.
- Monitoring services and logging.
How to deploy
Troubleshooting & Useful Tools
Examples of common tasks
- How to make curl requests while authenticated via oauth.
- How to monitor background jobs.
- How to run the app through a proxy.
- Internal git workflow
- Pull request guidelines
- Tracker project
- Google group
- irc channel
- "Please open github issues"