The Product Manager Interview
- product sense (discuss products, design, creativity, thinking from first principles)
analytical skills technical depth
- How would you design _________? (e.g. a calculator for kids/alaram clock for the blind/a search engine.)
- What’s your favorite product/service and why? How would you improve it? How did you measure success of that product/feature?
- How would you measure success if you were the PM on Google search?
- How do you know a product is well designed?
- Tell me about a case when a product you were responsible for failed or underperformed. Why?
- How do you decide which features to include in a product?
- What tech trends are you excited about?
- What are the most important skills to being a strong PM (e.g. if you need to hire one)?
- What's the difference between a project manager and a product manager?
- What types of people have you found it difficult to work with?
- Tell me a time when you disagreed with an engineer. How did you convince him or her?
- How do you get a team to commit to a schedule?
- Who has the ultimate accountability for shipping a product?
- How do you know when to cut corners to get a product out the door?