This is just about GET & SET, the basic Key-Value store commands.
- Redis is constantly fast and faster than Memcached
- MongoDB is not a good key-value store
- levelUp is only slower than levelDown doing PUT operations
- leveled and levelUp perform almost the same
- multilevel (levelUp rpc) isn't fast enough yet, even with a fake network layer
- multileveled (leveled rpc) is faster than MongoDB doing GET and is slowed down heavily by the network layer
- multilevel-http is not usable at all when performance counts