No reason. We just need code that makes processing faster! Yes! We are performance freak.
In this talk, I'll talk about tips of how to write code in perl that makes processing faster.
- XS vs PP implementation
- Example: DateTime vs Time::Piece vs Time::Moment
- Example: Time::Strptime
- Instance cache
- How to cache URI instance?
- How to cache DateTime instance?
- Suppress memory copy.
- use constant.pm
- alias of value. (e.g. @_, Scalar::Alias, experimental::refaliasing)
- Pros and cons of a string
- Example: Apache::LogFormat::Compiler
- Optimize regular expressions