What is a GeoDatabase? and how is it diff from a regular db
- Stores geometries
- R-Tree indexing (Query planner uses it?)
- Supports Datums ?
- Vector and raster support
- Spatial Analayis (topo, buffer, intersection, etc)
Options for storing geodata
- Spatialite (in production?)
- MySQL :-(
- Solr - basic points?
- Elastic Search
- MS SqlServer
- Esri Spatial database (only access?)
- Fusion tables
- SimpleGeo (Casandra) Quad-Tree
- MongoDB - Geodata not shardable?
Concerns in Distributed databases
- aggrigating distributed datasets
- standard for simple queries?
- geo indexing and sharding
What are folks using and why
- Tile Map Service (TMS)
- TileMill to create Sqlite index