Senior DevOps Engineer (US Remote or On-Site)
Genosity is hiring US-based, full-time senior DevOps engineers to transition our SaaS genomics platform to an in house operations team. Your team will be responsible for running user-facing services and production systems, helping to build the foundation for rapid, reliable product delivery. Your team will instill best practices for building scalable distributed systems, with a focus on observability, automation, auditability, and fault tolerance.
You should be a very experienced cloud engineer and architect, able to hit the ground running with little oversight and minimal support from the existing team. AWS, Terraform, architecture, and hands-on experience with the software development lifecycle are required.
This position is fully remote (even after Covid) with no travel required. If you’d prefer an office, you can work out of ours in Iselin, NJ.
See the official job post on https://www.genosity.com/careers (coming soon)
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@genosity.com
- Help hire, mentor, and scale the DevOps team.
- Architect a scalable software delivery pipeline (CI/CD) for Genosity’s SaaS genomics software and the processes, people, tooling, infrastructure to support it.
- Run our existing infrastructure built with Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure that scales to meet market demand.
- Build, maintain, and support our AWS resources, monitoring costs and suggesting optimizations.
- Shape security policies to meet compliance and regulatory requirements, triage issues.
- Automate deployment of development, testing and production environments, collaborating with development team to make deployments fast and efficient.
- Communicate with business leadership about infrastructure opportunities.
- Build a monitoring stack and instrumentation to alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Define a new local build process for our software stack.
- Monitor and respond to production and development issues across the full stack.
- Build an on-call rotation plan for the engineering organization.
- Physical US presence
- East coast time friendly
- Systems/software/cloud architecture
- Hands-on SDLC experience
- Open source software
Current Tech Stack
- AWS services: Cognito, EC2, ES, RDS Postgres, Codecommit, ECR, R53, KMS, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, S3
- Databases: Cassandra, Blazegraph, RDS Postgres, S3, Elasticsearch and ELK full stack
- Docker, Kubernetes (not EKS), kops, Helm, Grafana, Prometheus
- Iguana HL7 Integration Engine, Gitlab self-hosted CE, Ansible, Make, Python, Luigi, Kafka, Jenkins
- Java, gradle, maven, nexus, artifactory
Nice to Haves
- HIPAA, CAP, CLIA knowledge
- Bioinformatics, genomics, medical or clinical research, data science, and similar experience
- Occasionally coordinate with outsourced development during their shift, 2am to 11am EST
- Russian language to work more directly with the outsourced team and read their internal documentation
- This is a fully remote position with no travel required - but if you happen to be convenient to New Jersey, the team would love to meet occasionally!