- 3 dried chili negros; seeds removed (this sauce is pretty spicy w/o the seeds)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 8oz chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 6 cups water and chicken & beef boullion or 3 cups chicken broth & 3 cups beef broth
- 1.5 tablespoon diced garlic
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cocoa powder
- Citrus juice (I used lemon and it was good but lime would be better. Orange might be good as well)
- Sprinkle dried rosemary
- Pork sirloin; I used a 1.7lb cut
- Chop green onion and reserve tops as garnish
- Rough chop cleaned dried peppers
- If using buoullion:
- Add 6 cups water to pot
- Add 3 cups worth of chicken and 3 cups worth of beef boullion.
- If using broth just add it to the pot
- Throw everything in the pot on low.
- Add cocoa powder a teaspoon or two at a time unitl you can just taste it.
- Add citrus to taste.
- Let simmer until the dried pepper are softened
- Get out the boat motor aka immersion blender.
- Let it simmer for like 10 more minutes just so everythig get to know each other.
- Put the pork in a slow cooker and submerge in marinade.
- Let it go for at least 6 hours.
- Rip it up with a fork; add a cup or so of marinade at a time for flavor until it's nice and covered and mixed in.
- I also added the remainder of the marinade to the cheese sauce once I mixed it all together. REally enhanced the flavor
NOTE: I didn't add any salt to the recipe with the exception of the salt to the pasta water. I felt like it didn't need any extra but you do you. Defintely don't add salt until the very end right before it goes in the oven.