- The slides of this talk are available on Dropbox as a PDF
Intro and history of ML on the web
- Autodraw by Google is a tool that allows you to doodle what you want to paint and turns it into a proper icon by detecting the outline and making an ML based assumption what it could be.
- Quickdraw by Google is a game they created a few years before Autodraw to train the model.
- ReCaptcha is a CAPTCHA engine that feeds the data back into Google's ML systems. For example, currently being asked to detect street signs or cars is a good indicator that this data will go into the self-driving cars project.
- Amazon's Mechanical Turk is a service by Amazon to get humans to do things for you. A lot of the data accumulated with that one could be used to train models. One very famous examples back then was to ask people to [p